Friday, March 22, 2013

Banjara

Hello everyone!Today I have for you a layout of me and my dance troupe doing a dance I created back in 2006.

This layout is for the Left of Center challenge blog I design for. This time I wanted to do the alternative challenge of using punches, so I've used a border punch that is a design similar to my "door" frame.  The punch is from EK.  The font is the Cricut cartridge Jasmine, the "door" frame is from the Cricut cartridge Disney Princesses Dreams Come True (page 70, I used the base cut but hid the cuts inside the frame with my gypsy), behind the door frame is a pattern from the cartridge Paper Lace 2. The filmstrips are cut from Mickey and Friends, sized on my gypsy to fit the mini photos I printed (printed at 2x3, 4 to a 4x6 print); these mini pics are several shots of the dance as we were doing it, lifted from the video my hubby took.

I used Basic Grey's Marrakech line of papers from several years ago, obviously from my stash. :) I also had some bling in my stash that I used. There are 6 shiny circles on the pages, those are "shisha" mirrors... tiny mirrors that have been encircled by thread. Shisha are a common clothing embellishment of costumes from India, which our costumes are based on and many of us had lots of shisha on our clothing. I had some bags of these mirrors left over from making costumes and I knew I had to use a few of them on the layout.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun layout! Love the use of the filmstrip to incorporate parts of your video and the shisha mirrors are the perfect touch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the papers are perfect for this! What a great layout!

    ReplyDelete