Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flower Tutorials

Edited to add:  I've been asked if it's okay to link to this post on other blogs... Certainly!!!  Spread the flower love my scrappy friends!!!

I absolutely love making my own flowers! I collect flower tutorials. LOL... I used to say that I collect flowers because I used to buy pre-made ones like crazy, but I'm done with that. I love making them myself now. With ribbons, papers, anything. I love making them with cricut cuts too.

For my own sanity of trying to find these tutorials when I need them, I'm writing this post to organize all the flower tutorials I find here. If you know of some I have missed, feel free to leave a comment with the url to it and I will add it to my list! I am going to keep updating this list for myself and put a link to this post in my sidebar so we all can come back to it in the future. :)

 217 Creations

 The Misadventures of a Multi-Crafteer

Pink Paislee








Happay Scrappay







Dahlia









Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine










Maya Road DT








Blazer Designs






Lisa Pace








Lisa Pace








Lisa Pace








JuJu Bee's Scrapbook Corner








JuJu Bee's Scrapbook Corner










3D Flower









A Cherry On Top










Accordian folded flower










The Next Step







Elina's Everyday










StuckOnUSketches








StuckOnUSKetches Part 1
Part 2







Susan BlueRobot








StuckOnUSketches Part 1
Part 2







Pink Paislee







Kenner Road










StuckOnUSketches Part 1
Part 2







StuckOnUSketches








SCRAP ADDICT









nicnac







Etsy Texas Crafters








Catalog Flower










Gone Stampin'!






Sunflowers and Dragonflies










Mel Stampz










SugaredSongbird







Another rose video







Tim Holtz









Happay Scrappay







Lolly Chops  (this video rocks)







Oh my, look at these!  By BooksandLove
Video
photo tutorial







More gorgeousness from Sandy at Details by Sandy







Look at these lovelies! and so easy! by Christina at Creations with Christina




You need to check these out. More flower styles than pictured here. Though these are punched, it's easy for cricuteers to find similar shapes to use!  StampARTic








 Cricut cut flowers
the cut is a sun from Just Because Card cartridge, how cute are these!




Beautiful coffee filter and glimmermist flowers!







Whew! well now I can find the tutorials that I'm looking for! Let me know if you know of others!

21 comments:

  1. I love flowers. Never really made my own. I am going to UTEE emboss my primas with glitter like Teriberi. Her flowers look like glass and with the glitter they are truly beautiful. Teriberi has a Youtube video on how she makes her flowers. You both have great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Michele, what a great idea to post these all together like that! And wow, my SOUS buddies are gonna be SO honored to be listed with the likes of Lisa Pace and Pink Paislee! I love the Texas Etsy flowers .. I do a similar version but I like the added scallop. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang this is a tremendous idea! I have not done too much yet with these flowers but obviously these add SO much to all paper craft projects! I know in the future at SOUS I want to do some UTEE tutorials so maybe you will have more to add! Gosh this is so good that I might link this over at my blog...is that ok? I just know like 100 people that would love this collection!
    Leah
    p.s. I am a bit of a youtube craft video junkie, so I fully understand your obsession!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is great! Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele....what a fab idea...you will be on the good list this year...lol...you know i love your work...you are an amazing artist...this is so wonderful of you to put together...what a special gift to all...and i am so touched and honored to be included...thanx for that...can't wait to look at all the tutes...you know i am a flower addict...lol...thanx again...i too think i will link this on my blog...would hate to see anyone miss it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly anyone who wants to can link to this post on their blog. I say, spread the flower lovin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this, they are all beautiful, everyone is so darn creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele,how awesome!!! I love flowers as well, and can never find enough tutorials! Thank you for posting the links!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are fantastic, thanks so much for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great. Tim Holtz had a great tutorial on his 12 tags of Christmas for making paper flowers 3D. http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...GREAT post! I'll be up all night!!! I'll tell my boss it's your fault tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much for the link. i am a flower addict.
    here is another link by Lolly Chops you may want to add.
    i will add in some other links later.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paperpapier, THANK YOU for that link! I absolutely love that video tutorial! I wish I could have a week's vacation from work JUST to make all these flowers!

    Send me more links my friend, I definitely want more flower links!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! Thank you thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy, Michele, I finally sat down to check out your tutorial collection on flowers. You weren't kidding when you said you collectec tutorials. Thank you for sharing them!!!! That was just great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here is a link to Creations by Christina where she has a short video on how to make Scallop Punch flowers -- quite lovely and truely simple. http://www.creationswithchristina.com/2010/02/scallop-circle-punch.html?
    Thanks for all your other great links that you are sharing with us all!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Michele...I never knew there was someone else out there like me...lol. I too collect flower blogs, videos, tutorials, etc. Anything to do with flowers I love. You would never believe how happy I was today when I stumbled upon your blog with this list of all things flowers. Thank you so much for this wonderful list and I will be following your blog in the future to see what lovelies you might have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here is a site that has some fantastic instructions for all kinds of flowers especially roses http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete