Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More with 7gypsies Avignon


This month's Scrappinista's Scrapbook Club kit at the LSS where I work, Scrapaganza, uses the 7gypsies Avignon line. My previous post of the 7 page layout used papers and chip letters from this kit, though I had to supplement the kit with additional cardstock for my background pages, and an extra sheet of the printed papers so I'd have enough of the map sheet for the pages.

The above layout was made using the music page from the line, spritzed with green maya mist. Tags from the line hold the title that I did in the line's chip letters. The two paperclips with numbers are also from the Avignon line. The kit included coordinating icey blue velvet ribbon, which I used on the title banner but I also sewed ribbon "flowers" in maya road style with that same ribbon. Zots glue dots in the flower centers are covered in MS Hematite glitter for a bit of bling. The big flower is cut on my cricut in several layers to resemble a "poinsettia". I used the 5 point flower from Accent Essentials.

Here is another layout from the same kit:
I used my threading water border punch to make the borders on this, as well as for the "flowers". I like this layout for it's simplicity because it really showcases my photos, and I was particularly pleased with those photos when I took them. :)  Oh, and glitter was my thing with this kit, and I used Terrifically Tacky Tape in the 1/4 inch size across the top of the punched borders and glittered the tape. The flower centers also have Zots glue dots that are glittered. The chip letters that went with this line look really nice on that tag. Overall I am pleased. 

Normally I don't buy chip or sticker letters but the kits from Scrapaganza's kit club always include a coordinating alpha, which is essential for folks that don't own a cricket. I was pleasantly surprised at the words I was able to get from box of letters, I got: Handsome, Xmas, Camp Out, Thank You and Believe.  I still have some letters but only one or two vowels so I'm not sure what else I can do. There was however a full run of numbers 0-9 which I have not used yet. I plan on making a total of 3 cards with my scraps, cards will be posted later!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what great pages. And those photos of your son just melt this mother's heart of mine. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgoeus pages Michele, the page called Handsome is beautiful. Love those photos of Kevin.

    ReplyDelete