Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Story Matters - Remember



This is my first layout as a new member of the design team over at The Story Matters. The TSM blog challenge is meant to get us journaling more, because many of us started scrapbooking to record the memories, not just stick photos on pretty paper. I am one of those trying to record memories before they are lost... I became a mom a little older than most and many of my family members have already passed on... leaving only a few memories of the stories they told.

I want my son to not only know those stories, but also to know our own family stories, and to know what his mama and daddy thought, loved, did and were like before he came along. The Story Matters was the perfect blog challenge for me to jump into and I've loved doing it since I started!

Maybe some of you lovely readers would be interested! Give it a try.

For this layout, I used the sketch that is currently at my LSS Scrapaganza blog challenge. I also was inspired by a few challenges at ScrapbookDreamer which lead me to use the metal charms, and other elements of the layout. And, as always, my cricut played a major role!  I used evergreen branches from the Christmas Solutions cartridge for the tree branches. I hand cut the trunk, and embossed it with a cuttlebug folder. The papers are Kaiser Craft.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome LO, Michele. Congrats on your DT spot. I agree that jouirnaling is sooooooo important! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya love Lisa Pace?! Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh...how gorgeous is this...I adore the design and the papers....love that tree with all the embellishments....this is stunning...I love love love your style...thanx for posting such beautiful creations, sharing your talent and inspiration with all of us.... and I adore the sentiment of this....the story does matter!!!!

    ReplyDelete