Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Butterfly Wings


Believe it or not, there is no cricut on this page. *gasp*  LOL
Scrapaganza has an in-store kit club and I'm designing for it now. This page uses a few of the papers in the kit. I totally went out of my comfort zone on this, as I am not really a big fan of lime green unless it is in small doses. But I got the idea for this and went with it, and I kind of like it. 

The butterfly especially. The big butterfly was an experiment. I actually traced and cut this out using a cover from a pad of K&Co paper that had a butterfly cut out of the front. I inked the edges of the butterfly with brown, then coated the whole thing with a good coat of the Tim Holtz Crackle Paint in the clear rock candy. OMG... I LOVE this paint! I forsee using this bottle up rapidly and moving on to another bottle soon. LOL. When the butterfly dried, it curled but that was ok.   Once dry, I put liquid glue (3-in-1 craft glue) on the center and pressed it onto the layout where I wanted it. Then working from the center out, I slowly glued, uncurled and held down the paper gently till the whole butterfly was glued down. I left the very edges to curl up still as that looked cool. You have to work slowly and gently when uncurling it because the crackle paint can flake off if you are too rough with it.
 The rest is scallop circle punch for the flowers and a small butterfly punch.

The kit included letter stickers and word stickers but neither of those fit the idea of this layout that I had in my head. But I love mini alpha stickers. However, I was limited in what I could use that wasn't in the kit, soooo.... I just cut up the word stickers to make my mini-alpha title. :) 
So, the layout is really bright, and hurts my eyes almost to look at it. I'm still not a fan of this much lime green. But hey, I like the layout still.  Oh, and there is a hidden journaling tag behind the photo, which basically talks about me wanting to feel my baby move and that I'd been told it usually feels like butterfly wings the first few times.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Very bright, but I like it. Love the inked butterflies & crackle paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning page Michele, I love the way you describe the techniques with that big butterfly.

    Congratulations on POTD.

    ReplyDelete