Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sizzix - Key/Keyhole/Gears tag

January is my turn at Scrapaganza to design the Sizzix Die of the Month class. Here is the smaller project I created with the Key and Keyhole Sizzix die.

I cut a tag with Tim Holtz' sizzix tag die and a piece of acrylic from my stash of acrylic scraps from packaging (cricut cartridge packaging!)

Tim Holtz had done one of his 12 Days of Christmas tags, Day 10 with a piece of scrap acrylic and running it through with an embossing folder. So I ran the tag through a new 5x7 Cuttlebug folder called "Clockworks".

I cut a piece of 10 Second Studio sheet metal that we sell at the store with the Sizzix Die so that I would have the metal keyhole. The metal is black on one side and after I cut it with the sizzix, the edges of the metal looked embossed and very cool, so I sanded those raised edges a little to outline the cut, and then here and there scratched up the black so it looked a little grunged up.

I cut a chipboard key and heat embossed it with metallic silver embossing powder, then went around the edges with black ink to grunge it up. Fastened the keyhole onto the tag with brads, tied the key on with ribbon, and it's done! I love this tag and will be using it on a layout as an embellishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment