Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Taste of Vanderveer - layout

It's the time of the month for me to post my projects for Scrapaganza's Scrappinista Scrapbook kit club!

This month we got to use BoBunny's new winter line "Midnight Frost" and ooooh how yummy this line is! Beautiful blues, maroon and green. I just loved it! Our kit included 6 papers from the line, cardstock, stickers, ribbon and the coordinating stamps. We designers were asked to try to focus on ways to use our stamps so we did. I was way impressed with the ideas the other designers came up with!

On this layout I also used a technique I found in this month's issue of The Bug Magazine (which I am in! hee). It is to punch a strip of border with a border punch, then trim it down so that there's about 1/4 to 1/2 inch on the selvage edge. Snip the selvage edge every 3/4 inch or so, and then ease it around a curved edge op paper. The snips allow you to ease it around a broad curve, not tight small curves. If you've ever sewed, it's the same principle as easing a curve with fabric.

As for stamping, I used the snowflake stamps and a silver cats eye to stamp the green printed paper from the Winter Frost line.

The title block is a tag from the sheet of tags that you usually find with BoBunny's lines. It originally said "A Taste of Winter" but I used stamps to stamp the name of the park/conservatory we went to. I used pop dots to put it over the winter word and customized my title tag. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment