Saturday, January 28, 2012

Final 2011 Pages

I went to a weekend crop in Illinois last October, it was my all-time favorite crop! I got a few layouts done, but not nearly as many as I expected! But I ended up playing most of the weekend with my new favorite Cricut cartridge; Art Nouveau. I love everything about it, the images, the font, the layering.

Alphonse Mucha and the Art Nouveau period is my favorite style of art, and the cricut cartridge is pretty true to the spirit of the style. I was full of anticipation to try out the cuts of the women. Creating a page with belly dance pictures worked well with one of the cuts.  I just love the graceful font, as well.

I also made sure to use buttons from my HUGE collection of Charlene's Button Box buttons. :)  If you look at the first picture above, you'll notice that this layout is more than 2 pages. It has an extra 6x12 page on the right. I have 6x12 page protectors. When I realized I was not able to cull my photos down to fit a 2-pager, I ended up making the extra bit to fit all the photos on that I wanted to use. Why limit yourself to a one-page or two-page layout? I've even used the back side and made a 3 page layout. My largest is a 7 page layout. :) If the pictures are that important to you, make the layout fit!

Here's another bellydance layout. :) Hey, I was in the mood! I used my Art Nouveau cartridge again, this time using a dragonfly image. I had these papers that seemed to go well with it.

I also had a dragonfly stamp I got that day at the crop, so I used that too. As well as another button from Charlene!

This concludes the layouts from 2011 that I'm going to post.  From now on, it will be 2012 layouts. :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment