Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 - My favorites in review!

Happy New Year!


I saw a few blogger friends had posted their favorites for the year, so I think I'll do the same! :) However, I wasn't a consistent blogger, nor did I post pages in order of making them in the month I made them. So rather than choose by month, I'll just pick out twelve of my favorites for the year!

I am rather fond of this one! I like the design, but I particularly like that I made it from a piece of cardstock that was "tossed aside". I had used a wood grain mask to mist spray some other pages, and a friend suggested that before I wash the mask off I should use it to "stamp" the excess mist ink onto another piece of cardstock and save it for use later. What I great and frugal idea! That what I did and the background cardstock is the result.

The local scrapbook store that I worked at closed in late 2011. I was very bummed! I loved the store owners and my co-workers. *sad sigh*

Anyway, we had a Halloween crop where we could wear costumes. I wasn't even supposed to work that day, but I had taken my son out to trick or treat and wore a costume myself. I just had to stop in and see everyone's costumes. Someone took this fabulous photo of two of my co-workers and myself, and it was interesting how well our costumes coordinated. I had to scrap it! I just love this page.

After the store closed, customers who had become my friends asked me to continue making kits for them to buy. I had been one of the kit designers for the store and I had some loyal fans. ;) So this layout was my first kit that I made after the store closed.

This layout was inspired by Jana Eubank, and I made it into a kit to sell. One of my favorite kits, I just think it's cute. :)

I didn't make a lot of cards this year.
I used to make them a lot!  If all my cards turned out this pleasing to my eye, I'd make them more often! LOL  I love it, I still haven't given it to anyone yet!

My favorite color combination is red, black and white. I designed this layout to be a kit. I was really pleased with it! Turned out that many others were pleased as well. LOL

I really loved how these photos turned out after editing them in Instagram. I had to make the perfect layout for them!
I am very happy with how this one turned out.

I don't make many "cutesy" layouts even though I love the cricut cartridges that are cute like Create a Critter. However, when I do make them, I really really like them. I need to make more while my kid is still a kid! LOL

I made this mini book for a friend, and I loved how it turned out.

You definitely need to check out the original post to see all the pages!

This layout was definitely an experiment. :)  I had not ever used the cartridge 50 States, but it was the only cartridge I could find violets on. I am pleased with how the violets turned out. It took me two crops to finish! LOL


 Another kit I made, it had been a project on my mind for months. I'd seen several layouts by other designers that were reminiscent of quilting. I just had to do something too. It was a bit complicated for a kit but those that bought it were happy with it. :)

 I participated in a swap with others on the Cricut Circle message board, using the Children Around the World cricut cartridge. 25 children cuts, swapped for one each of 24 others! I absolutely adore all the children I got back!

So that's it! my favorites for 2012!

It's only the 6th of January, and I have gotten 3 more kits done! I'll be posting them soon!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful, crafty new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment