Monday, October 19, 2009

Challenger

This month's challenge over at The Story Matters inspired me to do a layout about the shuttle Challenger, and the day it exploded. I had a picture of the Challenger that was taken 4 months prior to the disaster, when it landed at the Air Force base I was stationed at, and I was listening to the launch on the radio at work. It left a huge memory, and really needed a layout so I could record the story. Perfect for TSM's challenge.  The sketch over at Stuck On You Sketches gave me the direction to go with the layout.



I used Theresa Collins papers, Making Memories mini letter stickers and mini alpha rubons. I downloaded a picture of the flight patch from that mission and cut it in the shape of an apple (for the teacher on the crew) along with the shadow using A Child's Year cartridge.  I also used Indie Art (wings), Hannah Montana (birds), Base Camp (letters), Tags, Bags, Boxes (tags), Gypsy Wanderings (postage stamp mat)

Sorry about the odd curve look to the picture... when I scanned it, the popdots must have kept it from laying flat and I wasn't paying attention. heh. Thanks for looking though!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...you did a fab job on the sketch....you go girl...thanx for joingin us on the challenge blog...we love your support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... How fab is that?.. I am so jealous of your ability to journal, rub some off on me..LOL
    Super use of the sketch and I'm sandy on the "Thanks for your support!".. we love to see what all you creative ladies come up with..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, What great use of the sketch. Love that you journaled on the tags. And that you did something so poignant .. like with the apple, Thanks for supporting us! You're an awesome artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SOOOOOOOOO freakin' smart a way to do that..the tags look awesome! and what a smart way to be able to get in some journaling! gosh I am always so excited to see the other pages you all do! love the colors in this as well! great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the colors and the journaling on the tags running down the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele! Congratulations on the Gypsy Spot design team! Woo-hoo! I'm looking forward to our new Design Team challenges. Love your blog... super layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful LO....the color of the paper and the whole design is fantastic. Thank you for stopping by my blog to leave a sweet comment.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete