Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My first loom knitting project

My son has been telling me he wanted me to knit him something. I don't knit! A lot of my friends do though, and he's seen them knit. I do crochet however I had been wanting to learn to knit anyway. I am kind of put off by how long it takes to knit things though... then I discovered ProvoCraft's Knifty Knitter looms. I read on the Cricut message board that they are easy to learn and fast to do. So I made this poncho for my son as my first project. :)  It's not that great but I'm learning. :)  My son picked the colors!

I used 2 skeins of Red Heart super saver yarn, a strand of blue and orange together on the green round loom. I flat knit on that round loom... I used all the pegs but did not go completely around, just stopped and turned and knit the other way at the end of a row.

It was fun! I'm going to make me a hat next. :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment