Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Flood 2013

Hello!

Here's a layout I did of the flood this year. This area gets flooded almost every year because of the Mississippi and the various creeks that handle all the storm water. Most of our floods, while annoying and costly to clean up, they are not emergencies like they used to be. The city I live in has gotten very good at handling floods, and most of the homes that got flooded regularly have since been torn down. This year though, a lot of the flooding was due to too much rain in a short time, and a lot of houses that never have a problem got flooded basements.  Some of the pictures (top right) are of the stormwater drainage/creek by my work parking lot, which kept getting a little flooded though not while I was parked there.

I recently finished using up all the Amy Tangerine papers from her first release, and this is one of the layouts. The cloud paper was perfect in my mind. ;)  I also used some thickers for the title.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment