Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scrappinista - Bliss Necklace

Ah, the final entry for this month's Scrappinista Kit club from Scrapaganza.

When I made the layout with the glittered die cut paper, I had cut out a chunk of the glittered paper from behind the photo to save in case I wanted to use it elsewhere. Well I kind of had some sort of jewelry in mind when I did that!
I used a lot of Tim Holtz parts, including one of the new Facets. I backed the facet with the glittered paper and Glossy Accents to adhere it. I also made the earrings the same way, using fragments charms.
I also used one of Tim Holtz' ornate label plates. The oval ones have lots of places to attach danglies and jumprings so it's perfect for this. I backed it with cardstock and this sticker, then filled in the front with Glossy Accents. Baubles from the kit are dangling on either side.

I attached two of the resin flowers from the baubles in the kit to a couple metal pieces I had in my stash so that I could add them in with jump rings.
Guess what! I used my cricut and the Forever Young cartridge to cut the display board for this necklace. LOL!  I used the dress form image, and enlarged it on my Gypsy so that only the top half fit on the 12x12 mat. I cut both thin chipboard and a sheet of black paper and glued them together. A few hat pins to keep the necklace in place and I have the perfect display. :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment