Thursday, November 18, 2010

Scrappinista Kit week!

I love working and designing for my local scrapbook store, Scrapaganza!  :)
Our store has a scrapbook kit club (Scrappinista Scrapbook Club) and this month's club kit features Making Memories Sienne line of papers. Scrumptious papers is all I can say!  I was not so thrilled with the stickers. They are very pretty and have wonderful journaling words and such, but they are not sticky once you remove them from the sheet. We have had to tell our customers to use additional adhesive to be sure their stickers stayed put. I had no trouble at all with the coordinating alphabet stickers I used.

So, I'm going to post everyday this week with each project from this kit!  My first layout was made using only supplies in the kit plus the title which was cut using my Cricut, and the Opposites Attract cartridge. That cartridge is really effective if used right. I recommend keeping the second (top) word short unless it's cut from paper that will stand out from the background as well as the bottom word. In this case, the patterned paper below the title would have overpowered the top word if it had extended out too far.
I love working with double-sided papers. Our Scrappinista kits always use double sided paper lines. Anyway, sometimes it's nice to find a way you can show off both sides of a paper. On this page I cut six 2 inch squares, folded the side corners in and snipped them in half. Then I lined them up as a border along the bottom of the layout.
The line and kit also came with a package of baubles, so I wrapped the main photo with ribbon and suspended a couple of the bauble gems from the ribbon.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment