Friday, November 19, 2010

Scrappinista - Davis 1978

One of the challenging things about a monochromatic line of papers is keeping it interesting as well as finding photos that "go" well with the color palette. In searching through my photo stash, I came across this family photo of my mom and I, and my stepfather and his kids. I'd forgotten all about this photo, as we hadn't been with them for over 20 years, but when I found it, I realized that it had discolored with age to exactly the right color scheme to go with these papers! lol
I cut out circles in two different sizes and "dahlia" folded them as flower type embellishments. I used more baubles from the kit to dress up my paper flowers, as well as some of the die-cut butterflies that are packaged and sold in this line. The packages have 60 butterflies in them! lol
I also used my Gypsy to create a scallop circle border by taking a scallop circle from Graphically Speaking and centering a circle within it. I cut the resulting scallop circle border in half and put the halves on either sides of the photo. Cutting this scallop in a natural off-white cardstock also helps break up the monotony of the color scheme I think.
I also used the alpha stickers that coordinate with this line. The line comes with two types of alphas, a more casual, larger font and this smaller glittered font. Since I'm all about the bling, I chose the glittered font. :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment