Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ICS #41

Hey all! reveal day at Inspirational Card Sketches! This was a wonderful sketch to work with this week!





You may have noticed, I'm not much of a stamper. I tried but I couldn't get into it, really. I have stamps, but I prefer playing with the paper. :)  My favorite cards I make with my cricut or by fussy cutting. The card for this week's ICS sketch is definitely a cricut card! LOL



I used some BG papers from last year's scraps, some cardstock and some white chipboard. The branch, squirrel and snowflakes are all from Winter Woodland. I used Martha Stewarts branch punch for the greenery. You know what I did? A few weeks ago I grabbed a bunch of scrap cardstock in several shades of green and just punched it all with the branch punch. I have a box of these punches just waiting to be used so I don't have to bother punching them out while I'm putting together a card. Very handy!


 
 
The snowflakes in white chipboard have been stickled with Diamond stickles. The 'berries' are red microbeads that are in a type of glue that holds the beads together and dries and glues the beads to the paper. Love that stuff! My good friend Anna sent me the jar. 



The sentiment starts on the outside with the "we wish you..." which are mini letter rubons on a tag that I hand cut. The inside will finish the sentiment, which I will probably write or type later when I decide who I'm sending the card to. :)  I'm really pleased with this card. At first I thought I'd cut the squirrel too big, as I'd intended him to be a little smaller and for there to be more negative space, but now I like him big like that.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I love the sentiment that carries into the card, and that squirrel... He ROCKS!
    Great job, love your use of the sketch. Can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly! that is one stunning card! i love all those branches! and that snowflake - awesome. what a stunning card!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this is a fab card! I'm like you I like the big squirrel. I have WW but haven't done the squirrel cut yet. Great idea to cut a bunch of greenery ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL job. Love how you used the branch punch and berries, so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beyond fabulous...love your branches...great minds think alike...as I just used them myself on the upcoming sketch for SOUS...LOL...wonderfully done Michele!

    ReplyDelete