Monday, November 23, 2009

Pie Box - .gypsy cut file

I finally jumped on the box making bandwagon!  I wonder if someone else has already done this box. LOL!
I'm sorry that the shapes are from George, if you don't have the George cart... I can try to re-make it using the gypsy carts sometime.

Someone at my LSS gave me a template for a pie box and I thought, hey this would be a fairly easy template to use to make my first box on my gypsy. So I did. Not as easy as I thought as I had to tweak it several times. But I'm glad I didn't start with something harder.

I made it in two styles, with a window and without. I just noticed the heart window isn't quite centered, but if that matters to you, you can center it. It would be cute to do with other shapes for the windows too. I also did NOT put in score marks, because I don't care for score marks on my cards and boxes. You can always add them but this is a pretty easy box to fold I think.  For my window, I cut a peice of acetate to put inside to keep the candy in. The undecorated boxes:

 

So the Gypsy cut file includes 2 pages, the first is the no-window one, the 2nd page is the window version. Like I said, you can use other shapes for the windows.  Download the Pie box here.

Here's a picture of where the score lines are.

 
 

 
I glued the sides together as that makes it a lot sturdier. I think it's plenty sturdy for the hard candies I put in it. I suppose if a piece of pie is cellophane wrapped, you could give pie in this box!

I hope you all like this one!

6 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I need to figure out how to open it once I download it. Do I have to have my gypsy hooked up to the cpu? I'm not very good at this. lol! Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful box. I will download it when I get to the computer that I have access to. Nice blog I will be coming back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing the file!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Dec. 01, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful box. I will download it when I get to the computer that I have access to.


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at scrap-n-dance.blogspot.com.

    Can I use some of the information from your blog post above if I give a backlink back to this site?

    Thanks,
    John

    ReplyDelete