Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ICS #44 - Word Tree card



Sometimes I think Dawn is psychic, she always has a sketch up for the inspiration that I am currently working on, which makes it so easy to create with her sketches! I hope you'll play along with this sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches!



The design is simple, but the execution was not! LOL... The word tree idea came from a posting somewhere, I think on the cricut message boards, where someone posted a picture of a word tree made from text and printable. I thought "wouldn't it be cool to weld the words together on my gypsy, and cut it out on my cricut".

The welding was fine, but my first choices of fonts on a couple words weren't quite the best, and my test cut didn't work well. I ended up cutting this thing 3 times, ajdusting fonts and welds till it finally came out right. I still had to use my craft knife a couple places and it is such a delicate cut (it's less than 5 inches tall) that I had to be very careful not to damage it.

I used more BG Eskimo Kisses papers, Bazzill cardstock, a Foof a La clear button with paper glued to the back, DMC floss, and some generic ribbon. The cricut cartridges I used are: Ashlyn's Alphabet, Base Camp, Zooballoo, Winter Woodland, Hanna Montana font, Cuttin' Up, Opposites Attract, and a rectangle from George.

I think this cut would look great on a layout, since cutting it bigger would mean it is less delicate and the details of the words would show better. So, since I'm sharing the .gypsy cut file for this, I went ahead and made multiple pages on the cut file, and on each page is a different size of the cut. The cuts are NOT grouped! so if you want to move them, you'll need to group it, move it, then ungroup it before cutting or the welds won't work. But there's the size I cut for this card, a medium size and one that is a full page tall.  You can download the cut file for the Gypsy here.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love this word tree idea! It turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Christmas post on Dec. 01, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete