Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ICS #43 - Snow Globe



I knew exactly what I wanted to do the instant I saw the sketch for this week's Inspirational Card Sketches!


I had seen a snow globe "shaker box" type card somewhere weeks ago and knew I wanted to try one. Then I saw the snowglobe cut on the Christmas Cheer cricut cartridge and that decided me. The penguin also came from the Christmas Cheer cart... isn't he cute? the snow is MS glitter. I wish now I'd had something coarser... turns out I did, at home (I was at a crop when I made this). I used more Eskimo Kisses papers from BG. I plan to use them up on cards this year! lol   Here's the inside of the card. The "globe" only has the "snow" in it, so that the penguin is also inside. I like that he's pulling double duty.

The stamped sentiment is Inkadinkadoo I think. There's some stickles on the front and inside as well.  Oh, the penguin's scarf is from Everyday Paperdolls cart. I thought he looked a little chilly and needed a scarf.

However, I especially want to note that I was in the mood to test my cricut when I was making this card. I save the acetate packaging from a lot of the stuff I buy, including the packaging that carts come in. So when I decided to make this shaker box, I grabbed a couple peices of transparency from cart packaging that I'd saved, and stuck them to a cricut mat and used the deep cut blade at the highest pressure, depth 5 and low speed. My cricut cut these transparencies like a charm! perfect circles! I just had to rub a little of the mat adhesive off them before using them.

My 3 year old son said this is his favorite card. "Kevin love snow gob mama".  And looked at me expectantly. He believes if he tells me how much he loves something, I will give it to him. LOL!

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Love your snow globe. So creative. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am with Kevin...I love the snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo amazed at this beautiful card...I hope I can make something like this soon...it is just so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your snowglobe is amazing, I love it,it is so creative, TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Brilliant! I really like how the penguin is actually on the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete