Thursday, November 19, 2009

SOUS 11/13 Sketch - Halloween '01


 This wonderful sketch by Aymee Gandy is the challenge this week over at Stuck On You Sketches.  I thought I wouldn't get this done in time! lol... it's hard to scrap during the week. I think I started mine on sunday, and only finished it last night. Talk about eye-popping bright!

 

I have very few pictures of just me. Very very few. One of the few times I allow photos of me is at Halloween if I'm wearing a costume. I guess I feel more comfortable in a costume than in my own skin. Anyway, where I worked back then, for years and years did not allow costumes on Halloween, go figure, it was a public library and mostly kids come there. But finally we got a new director who was cool with the costumes.

I used DCWV papers from the Taj Mahal stack, a Prima flower vine, bling, stickles and some mini alphas from Making Memories. The ball trim was from a grab bag of remnants and the gold trim is actually leftover gold lame' bias tape that I made for my wedding dress and my attendants dresses. I made hundreds of yards of it I think! and have a ton left, lol.

Cricut carts used: Gyspy wanderings (marquee), Indie Art (butterfly), Accent Essentials (flourish), Storybook (welded border)

Before I bought my gypsy and really started using my cricut for everything, I spent tons of money on embellishments, especially flowers, and these fancy Prima stems. Then Sandy goes and posts a tutorial on how to make these stems! Well, I have tons of embies to use up, and I'm determined to use them up since I spent my money on them!  However, it won't stop me from making a custom-colored stem should I need one. ;)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. WOW...I say that everytime I look at one of your amazing creations!!! I LOVE THE FLOURISH...I so am not good at those....but I will keep practicing...thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with these colors!!!! ok so I am jumping in...hope its okay...but I think you should take lots of pics of yourself!!!! your beautiful, super creative and your you!!! which makes you special and perfect as you are!!!!! I always love your creations by the way! and this one is just awesome!!!!!!!!!!! big hugzzzzz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! The pic totally rocks...and you look fab....I too have very few pics of just me and have vowed to change that....I love your take on the sketch and the florals and butterflies...well you know they are a fav of mine...your work as ever is delicious!!! thanx so much for playing with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete